Waipapa point 200311

Waipapa point 200311 by Crispis photo
Waipapa point 200311, a photo by Crispis photo on Flickr.

Before start work, I decided to take a road trip for a week, taking advantatge of the last summer days. So testing the fitness of my car driving aproximately 1500 km in 8 days, I went down to the southern tip of the island and then I went up to Blenheim, passing through Fiordland and part of the West Coast. Fortunately, the weather was on my side and the car didn't break down. One of the incentives of the trip was to sleep in places as remote as the one in the picture... yes mum, I slept in the car instead of going to a hostel, but it's what poor travellers do. Anyway you always can find a DOC campsite where one can spend the night; a really cheap and handy option for people travelling in vans or campervans.

No comments:

Post a Comment